Tuesday, August 13, 2013

diy lip scrub

As I was perusing Pinterest the other day, I found this awesome tutorial for DIY lip scrub. I've been wanting a lip scrub for a while but haven't wanted to shell out the cash for it, so I thought I'd give this a whirl and see how it turned out.

It was so easy to make: 2 parts sugar to 1 part honey to 1 part olive/coconut oil. Ended up using 4 tsps sugar, 3 tsps honey, and 3 tsps olive oil to fill a small jar. I found a set of 3 jars in the travel section of Target for really cheap, and they're the perfect size.



The taste is a little funny, but it's totally lickable if that's your thing. I just use it in the morning as part of my daily routine and wash it off after a good scrub. Then, I apply chapstick so as not to dry my lips out. My lips are definitely less cracked and peeling than before.

This is a cheap, easy project that'll take you 5-10 minutes and will make your lips soft and healthy-looking. I definitely recommend it!






No comments:

Post a Comment