Friday, June 14, 2013

hair essentials

When I first started this blog, I did a post of my "makeup essentials" - all the makeup that I used and loved on a day-to-day basis. Now, I'm ready to do a post of my hair essentials - things I always use on my hair that I love.

Shampoo - L'Oreal EverPure Moisture and Garnier Fructis Hydra Recharge




My hair usually has two states that it fluctuates between: dry and oily. Either my ends are dry and brittle or my scalp is oily and greasy-looking, sometimes both at the same time. Because of this, I tend to switch out between shampoos. The L'Oreal shampoo is great because it doesn't contain sulfate, so it doesn't strip my hair when it's feeling try. It moisturizes it so well, sometimes I'm tempted to skip conditioner, although I never do. But when I'm feeling gross and need to get things really clean without sacrificing moisture, I use the Garnier Fructis shampoo. It leaves my hair feeling light and soft and clean.

Conditioner - Herbal Essences Smooth Collection Conditioner




I remember my mom using this conditioner when I was little, and was so excited they brought it back! It smells amazing and leaves my hair super soft. I am so happy it's back - it's been my favorite conditioner in a while!

Leave-In Products - Pantene Pro-V Ultimate 10 BB Creme and Organix Extra Strength Moroccan Argan Oil




If y'all know anything about me, it's that I love BB creams as a makeup foundation. So I was really excited to try a BB cream for my hair. It's great because it acts as a heat protectant as well as leave hair soft, shiny, and damage-free. You've probably heard about the benefits of argan oil on hair, and it couldn't be more true. Argan oil is great because it strengthens hair while leaving it super shiny and healthy. I've found that combining a cream with an oil gives my hair the best look and feel without weighing it down or making it greasy.

Brush - Goody Quik Style Paddle Brush




My sorority sister Ametis posted about this brush on her blog, A Southern Brunette, and I decided to try it. Its little sponge bristles soak up the extra water in my hair so I can go out in public not looking like a wet dog in less time. Plus, it doesn't frizz my hair like brushes tend to do to wet hair.

Heat Protector - Beauty Protector Protect and Detangle Spray




I got this product in my Birchbox in April, and I fell in love with it. It's great because it not only protects hair from artificial heat from blow dryers and straightening irons, but it also protects from the heat from the sun, helps detangle, and leaves hair looking great. Plus, it smells amazing! The bad news? You can only get it from Birchbox. :(

Blow dryer - Conair Cord Reel Hair Dryer



I got this blow dryer many years ago, so the colors are a little different, but it's literally the same dryer. I am a huge fan of the retractable cord because I hate cords that tangle and I don't like wrapping cords around and around for storage. Because I've had my dryer for years and have moved several times since, I have lost the concentrator, which I would really like to have now. I might either by a new, different dryer; another one of these; or try to find a separate diffuser that'll attach.

Straightener - CHI Ultra 1 inch Flat Iron




My mom and I have been devoted CHI followers since I was about 12, and we have no regrets. I've tried other irons, but this is by far my favorite because it doesn't damage my hair nearly as much as the others. Lots of people don't like it as much because it doesn't have a dial for changing temperature, but this doesn't bother me because I know that the heat setting is hot enough to straighten my hair well, but not hot enough to completely fry it. I also love the fun colors it comes in, and it's nice to know I'm not sacrificing quality for color.

Have y'all tried any of these products? Any you want to try? Are any of these your hair essentials, too? Leave a comment!

Much love,
Sydney






No comments:

Post a Comment