Saturday, June 15, 2013

birchbox - june

Sorry that I skipped May's Birchbox, y'all. Between moving out and going home and moving in, I just didn't have enough time to test all the samples thoroughly. But I am so excited, because I just got my June Birchbox, and I am already loving it. This is the first box since the company's redesign of their packaging, logo, and website, and I think the new design is so cute.

Birchbox + Color Club Wanderlust Collection



What: Exclusive neon pastel shades inspired by four of our favorite cities.
How: Two coats will give you an opaque, glossy finish.

I was so super excited to get any one of these pretty polishes, and the mint green they sent is absolutely wonderful. Two coats looks great, and is it weird to say it actually smells better than most nail polishes? The colors are all named after the different Birchbox offices - London Calling (green), Reign in Spain (coral), Pardon My French (lavender) and Mod in Manhattan (off-white). Don't let the picture deceive you - these colors are BRIGHT. Because I love all the colors, I am probably going to buy the set - and for $8, why not?

See? More neon than the picture.


Price: $8 for set of 4 minis

Davines Love Smoothing Shampoo



What: A gengle shampoo packed with moisturizing Indian fig extract and olive oil.
How: Use daily to soften and nourish stubborn strands

Scroll for review.

Price: $24 for 8 oz

Davines Love Smoothing Conditioner



What: Rich, aromatic conditioner formulated with nourishing borage seed oil.
How: After shampooing, work a small amount through hair, concentrating on the ends.

Keep scrolling for reviews.

Price: $27.50 for 8 oz

Davines Oi/Oil Absolute Beautifying Potion




What: An antioxidant-packed potion to instantly tame frizz and strengthen hair over time.
How: Apply 2-3 drops on damp hair to target frizz, or on dry hair for extra shine.

Almost to the reviews.

Price: $40 for 8 oz

REVIEW: Since the shampoo, conditioner, and oil came together, I decided to use them in succession to get the total effect. The shampoo sample was about a third the size of the actual product and in a bottle, which I appreciate. However, the conditioner and oil samples were in those little sample packets, which made it hard, and they didn't give you nearly as much. None of the products smelled very good, and I'm not very impressed with the results, honestly. I think I get just as soft and shiny hair as when I use my own products (see my hair essentials post). But like I said, the large shampoo sample was nice.

LAQA & Co. Lil' Lip Duo


What: A Birchbox exclusive, these pencils have a creamy texture, satiny finish, and minty kick.
How: One coat gets you a pretty wash of color, two gives you a serious pop.

Out of the two in the set, they set me the darker one, which I appreciate since the other one was a little too pink for my complexion. It kinda feels and looks like a lipstick, which I'm not opposed to, and is a fun color for going out. And my boyfriend said he likes it!

One coat - kinda bright.

Two coats - wow-za!


Price: $16 for set of 2

suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser



What: Two-in-one cleanser and exfoliator that magically lathers and smells deliciously lemony
How: Massage a nickel-sized amount onto damp skin, then rinse.

All I have to say is: WOW! This scrub is really great. I loved how it foamed up when I started working it into my skin while still having the rough texture of a scrub. And I'm not usually into really citrus-y smells, but it was actually really pleasant and refreshing. Definitely a win for Birchbox.

Price: $32.95 for 4 oz

As always, let me know if you'd like your own subscription to Birchbox so I can hook you up with my referral code. You win, I win, we're all happy and beautiful.

Much love,
Sydney

No comments:

Post a Comment