Friday, January 4, 2013

midnight yell


Last night, as many of my Aggie friends know, was Midnight Yell at the Fort Worth Stockyards! I wish I could go to the Cotton Bowl tonight and watch my Aggies BTHO Oklahoma, but this was the closest I could get. Partly because I wanted to look cute and partly because I was bored out of my mind, I decided to attempt the unthinkable…doing my hair.

I have been with a war with my hair since the day I was born. From tenderheadedness to frizz to breakage to uncooperativeness to having to cut it all off, I have fought with my hair for as long as I can remember. I have been taming it for years with the flat iron, but that’s the extent of my skills. So when I tried to curl it for New Year's Eve, I was overcome by a fit of rage and my boyfriend having to calm me down. But thanks to Pinterest, I found a tutorial that actually works!

Many of you Pinners will have seen this one before, but in case you haven't, allow me to introduce to you the best flat-iron curling tutorial ever. Seriously, it is super good! I still had to fight a little to get my hair to cooperate at times, but the end result turned out fabulous! I can’t wait to try some of her other hair tutorials in the future.


(Pardon my forehead)

 Midnight Yell was so much fun! I met up with my sister Alexis beforehand and we went together to the Stockyards. It was such a neat experience having Yell Practice away from Kyle Field. And we even ran into sisters! Now I’m super pumped for tonight’s game! BTHO Oklahoma! (Update: WE WON! 41-13 A&M!)

What I wore!


View of the #12 bus

With sisters: Cynthia, me, Alexis, and Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment