Thursday, August 1, 2013

product review: benefit re-hydrating mist

Despite the fact that my pores are more congested than Houston at rush hour, my skin is actually very dry. It's so dry than it will start randomly flaking and peeling. Terrible, right? While moisturizer does help somewhat, I was looking for a product that could help keep my skin hydrated throughout the day. Then I heard about Benefit's Ultra Radiance Facial Re-Hydrating Mist. I thought it might help keep my skin fresh and flake-free during the day, so I went ahead and purchased it on a trial basis (I kept the bag and receipt). However, it wasn't what I was expecting...

I was under the assumption that this product would keep my skin hydrated like a moisturizer. Not the case. Basically, the point of it is to perk up dull skin, not keep dry skin hydrated. Yeah, it felt nice to spray it on my face, but it was like spraying smelly water from a squirt bottle. So it didn't do what I needed it to do. 

Another con about it is that the bottle is big. I mean, it's not gigantic or heav, but if you're planning on keeping it with you to spray on throughout the day, you're going to need a bigger purse. You can justify putting some in a smaller bottle, but why not just make a travel size? I would rather have something actually portable to refresh my skin than something I couldn't take with me.

But there are pros. It smelled nice, kind of like cucumbers, which I though was refreshing. It didn't sting or burn my eyes. It didn't mess up my makeup. It cooled my skin in the Texas heat. And it made my face look shiny in a healthy way (not an oily way). But that's not what I needed it for.

If you're looking for a way to refresh your face when your makeup is looking dull, this is a good product. If you have dry skin and need to hydrate it throughout the day, this is not the product for you. Stick to a good moisturizer and get a travel size if your skin gets dry throughout the day. That's really the only thing that's going to help you. My decision? I'm going to return it. Good thing Ulta has a great return policy.

Have you tried this re-hydrating mist? What did you think? Are you thinking about trying it?









PS: The Erin Condren Giveaway is still going on! Be sure to enter here! Contest entry closes Sunday at midnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment