Friday, July 19, 2013

friday fav - clarisonic

For this week's Friday Fav, I wanted to highlight one of my favorite beauty tools - my Clarisonic, which I got two Christmases ago. I wasn't really big into it at first because I lived in the sorority house and it's weird leaving things like that around, but now that I have my own apartment, I use it every day. Right now I just use it with a favorite face soap rather than a special Clarisonic one and keep it on a lower setting so it doesn't strip my naturally dry face. The brush is in need of a replacement, and I'm thinking I might want to try the Deep Pore Cleansing Brush Head to try and tackle my seriously clogged pores.



There are several options on which Clarisonic brush to get. The Mia is the smallest and most basic brush with 1 speed. Mia 2 is about the same size as Mia but with 2 speeds. The Aria is the newest brush with 3 speeds and a USB charging option. And the Clarisonic Plus is great for face and body, with 3 speeds and an adjustable timer. The Mia, Mia 2, and Plus come in lots of fun colors and patterns, while the Aria only comes in black, white, red, and pink so far. I actually have the Clarisonic Pro, which is very similar to the Plus but with 4 speeds. Unfortunately, it's only available to professionals, so I don't know how I have one (my dad probably found one on the black market. Kidding!).




Mia - $119










Mia 2 - $149









Aria - $119






Plus - $225-235







Clarisonic also has a lot of great deals on cleansers and brush heads. You can mix-and-match any two brush heads for $40, or any two cleansers for $40-$44. They also have good deals on Skin Solutions kits, which include a Mia brush and cleanser, and replenishment sets, which include a brush head replacement and more cleanser. They also have cool accessories like a brush handle for scrubbing your back and traveling cases.



Clarisonics are amazing. They not only clean your face super well, but they also prevent breakouts and smooth and tighten skin and reduce the appearance of wrinkles. I love how my skin feels after I use it - clean and soft and healthy. I would definitely recommend asking for one for Christmas this year!




3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads up on the brush deal! I also noticed in my Clarisonic box that if I registered my Clarisonic online, I got $25 off the next purchase I made. I bought my Mia from Ulta, so I thought it was pretty great that there was an incentive to buy brush heads from the Clarisonic site, because otherwise I'd definitely stick to Ulta for points (I'm an Ulta-holic haha!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loooooove Ulta, too! Here's a super secret - Ebay has GREAT deals on brush heads. I just bought one for $8 with free shipping, because I didn't want to pay a ton for brush heads I had never tried before, ya know? And thanks for the tip about registering my Clarisonic!

      Delete
  2. Clarisonic is incredible - one of my favorite presents from this past Christmas! In response to comment above, $8?! Crazy talk!

    ReplyDelete