Sunday, February 17, 2013

red pants

Fashion is a very fickle thing. One minute something is cool and hip and trendy, and the next it's not. My mom was a good mother and taught me to shop for things that "go with other things." She is more of a neutral person, so she wears a lot of black, white, brown, and gray. I, on the other hand, like color, so I have to be extra careful when making purchases so that I'll get good use out of them.

Unfortunately, I can't tell you how many articles of clothing I own that I've only worn once or twice. Sometimes, you think you're going to wear something, and then it just doesn't work out. But I like to keep things for a few years, just in case I get something later that I can wear with it.

My lastest fashion purchase has been a pair of red pants. I don't know where I got the idea that red pants would be a good idea, but I went shopping last weekend for a pair, and after several photos back and forth between my little to make sure they looked alright, I bought I pair. It's funny, because the next day, Glamour came out with an article that talked about adding red to spice up your winter wardrobe. Good timing!

So what CAN you wear red pants with? Anything you want. Seriously, they are one of the most versatile things I have in my closet. They work for any occasion, almost any color, and are the perfect accent piece. Here are some examples of outfits you can make with them.



Casual Day


Red Pants - Casual







Date Night

Red Pants - Casual Date Night







Night Out


Red Pants - Night out






Sorority Meeting


Red Pants - Work/Sorority Meeting





Recap: What can you wear red pants with?
  • More red (be sure they match - reds can be tricky!)
  • White
  • Cobalt blue
  • Navy blue
  • Mustard
  • Gray
  • Brown
  • Black
  • Nude/Camel
  • Gold
  • Silver
  • Tees
  • Blouses
  • Button ups
  • Sweaters
  • Cardigans
  • Tanks
  • Blazers
  • Sandals
  • Flats
  • Heels
  • Wedges
  • Boots

If you're STILL not convinced, then I'm going to go ahead and assume you're too afraid to try. It's okay, not everyone was born to rock the red (but if a redhead can do it, so can you, just saying). Maybe start out with a few red accessories, like a necklace or a hat. Maybe try a red blouse with jeans first and gradually work your way into it. Maybe try a red lip to play up your neutral ensemble. But one thing is for sure - red is THE color to sport this winter (and it'll carry over into spring and summer!).

Also, remember to keep voting for your favorite harlem shake video! So far, Hullabaloo With 2 is winning by a landslide (mostly because they posted it to their campaign's Facebook page and are using it as PR). Voting ends Thursday!

Much love,
Sydney



No comments:

Post a Comment