Wednesday, January 2, 2013

new years eve


Last night was, obviously, New Year's Eve, the one night where girls can wear as much glitter and sequins as they want without being thought of as a "lady of the night." Every girl bought something special for last night, including me. However, I think my NYE outfit escapade, spanning the course of two days and two cities, was the most stressful of them all. 

It should be stated that anything but online shopping absolutely sucks. It should also be noted that online shopping sucks, too. You see, stores these days play a cruel game with girls' hearts and minds by luring them in with adorable online outfits and then smashing their hopes and dreams by not carrying these items in stores. It would be one thing if they actually said "online only," but they don't. So you go to the store to try on the super-cute dress you found online only to discover it isn't there. Or anywhere. That was the problem I had finding my perfect NYE outfit. 

So after two days of pure exhaustion, I found THE perfect outfit!

Dress: JCPenney
Shoes: JCPenney
Scarf: Forever 21 (old)
Earrings: Forever 21 (old)


My New Year's Eve consisted of a nice dinner with my boyfriend as a late celebration of three months together. Three months isn't a super big deal, but we were also celebrating the new year. Afterwards, we went to a friend's house and sipped champagne and told embarrassing stories. Then we all went to Northgate together and rang in the new year under a shower of balloons. And yes, I got my New Year's kiss. It was such a fun night, I wish I had gotten more pictures! 


This was the only picture I got from the night. :( But about 30 seconds later, he kissed me :)

Much love,
Sydney

No comments:

Post a Comment