Tuesday, September 10, 2013

everything I need to know in life I learned from being in a sorority

A few weeks ago, a fellow Aggie named Cheryll Duffie wrote me to tell me about her book, everything I need to know in life I learned from being in a sorority. I checked it out and fell in love with it. There are so many truths to it, and there was a lot I didn't even realize about my own sorority experience. 


The book's focus is combining lessons learned through the lens of sorority life and applying them to the "real world." I learned so much about how what I'm doing in my sorority can help me in my other relationships and future career. It definitely gave me a new perspective on what it means to be a sorority woman and what I can gain through my experiences as an active member that will guide me when I become an alumna. 


Being a Rho Gamma (recruitment counselor), I wanted to share all my [unbiased] sorority knowledge with the PNMs, so I brought my copy of the book along for them to read. Many of them flipped through the pages with intrigue. They liked it so much, one of them accidentally took it home with her! I will probably never see that copy again. But I'm really glad I got to share it with them, and I hope they took as much from it as I did. 


Me, my Rho Gamma partners, and our wonderful group! 


I definitely recommend this book to all New Members, Actives, and Alumnae, as well as giving this book to your Big, your Little, your best friend, the rest of your sisters, and every sorority woman you know. This is also a great book for New Member/Pledge Educators to give to their new pledge classes. Cheryll also speaks conferences and events, and I definitely encourage you to contact her if interested - she is such a sweet woman! Special thanks to her for contacting me and sending me a copy (and a replacement copy) of her fabulous book!





1 comment:

  1. I love your blog! I am also an Alpha Delta Pi sister!
    I'm finishing up finals now and I was just thinking that I need to find a good book to read over break, I'm definitely going to check this one out!

    L&L
    mQs

    ReplyDelete