Friday, January 18, 2013

special occasion

This post is dedicated to my sisters who got coerced into being my guinea pigs. Thank you!

SO sorry for taking forever to write another post - school started this week and I'm still working on adjusting to is new schedule. Plus, I couldn't think of buying to write about! That is, until yesterday. Last night, my sorority held a recruitment event at a local jewelry store, so I got an opportunity to throw off my sweatpants and wear something adorable. I chose to wear the same outfit as from New Years Eve (if you missed it, read here), but I wanted to do something different with my hair. I went to my favorite site for hair tutorials, hairandmakeupbysteph.com, and chose a simple updo. Ten bobby pins and some hair spray later, I was looking' pretty good! The only problem was my hair is shorter and layered, so I had trouble with strands popping out. :/

Sorry again for my forehead and creepy eyes!

A better picture later that evening.


After getting dressed and doing my makeup, I pulled out a new lipgloss I had just bought. I'd been reading about new lipsticks and glosses that react to the pH levels in your body to produce a unique color for your lips, so I really wanted to try it and see if it worked (neither I nor my friends knew exactly what pH is, so here's a not-so-quick explanation). I chose Physician Formula's pH Matchmaker Lip Gloss, which is cool because it comes with a mirror on the side and a light-up lid for application on the go and in dim light. The color was really nice on me, but I wanted to see if it worked on everyone else. So I chose a few volunteers...











It seems to work! The gloss comes in light pink (shown here) and dark pink. Next, I want to try the Sephora Collection Color Reveal Lip Balm and the Tarte LipSurgence Skintuitive Lip Tint to see how those work as well.

The night was super fun! My sisters and I enjoyed meeting girls interested in joining our sorority and ogling at the engagement rings and David Yurman bracelets. Wish I had taken more pictures! :(

Much love,
Sydney

No comments:

Post a Comment